Take the next step in your career at an exciting organization that’s dedicated to promoting healthy, active lifestyles for all school-age children and youth by supporting health and physical educators in Oregon.
The Oregon Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) is committed to fulfilling this mission by fostering a climate of mutual respect and cooperation among members and associations in order to realize mutually beneficial outcomes.
- (New) Oregon SHAPE Executive Director – Job Description
APPLY NOW. Email your resume to the Oregon SHAPE hiring committee at email@example.com. Include the subject line: Executive Director Application and address the email to the Oregon SHAPE Hiring Committee.
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Purpose Statements: The job of “Executive Director” is to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors for a one year contract that may be renewed annually upon performance review conducted by the President of Oregon SHAPE. The Executive Director does not carry a proxy vote in business or board meetings; allowing the Executive Director to maintain neutrality and integrity. Salary is $4,000 – $5,000 annually depending on the level of experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide continuity and assistance to the overall operation of Oregon SHAPE.
- Maintain up to date records of Oregon SHAPE membership, business and current copies of the Oregon SHAPE Constitution, Bylaws and Operating Codes.
- Receive all dues and monies payable to Oregon SHAPE and enter such records in the proper books and accounts.
- Pay all Oregon SHAPE expenditures by a check signed by the Executive Director and President or authorized electronic expenditure.
- Prepare and have duplicated a complete itemized record of all Oregon SHAPE income and expenses. This written, itemized financial record is to be available on request to the membership at the State Conference.
- Maintain the accounting books up-to-date and balanced with bank statements.
- Provide quarterly account and bank statements to external accounting and CPA services for tracking and tax purposes.
- Obtain approval and a second signature from the designated member of the Board of Directors on all checks to pay expenses or prior authorization for digital expenditures from Oregon SHAPE accounts.
- Respond in a timely manner to meet fiduciary and reporting responsibilities to the Western District SHAPE and SHAPE America offices.
- Act as signatory for Oregon SHAPE’s memorandum of agreement (MOA) with SHAPE America and all other contractual obligations.
- Perform additional specific responsibilities as spelled out in the operating codes and the Executive Director contract.
Other Job Functions:
- Attend general board meetings that are scheduled by the president of Oregon SHAPE.
- Serve as the chair of the finance and budget subcommittee.
- Provide consistent communication with members.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- An understanding of the physical education and health education professions is preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Previous teaching/educational experience is desirable, but not required.
The Oregon Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) promotes healthy, active lifestyles for all Oregon school-age children and youth through professional development opportunities and advocacy. Oregon SHAPE is committed to fulfilling this mission through fostering a climate of mutual respect and cooperation among members and associations in order to realize mutually beneficial outcomes. Oregon SHAPE is organized exclusively for educational purposes within the meaning of section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.