The Oregon SHAPE Board of Directors is looking for an individual from each school district to “Be A Champion”!
Champions are individuals who;
- advocate for health and physical education on a daily basis.
- go out of their way to support health and physical educators in their district.
- provide effective health and physical education programs to their students.
- spend a few minutes each month sharing new and exciting information with their colleagues.
want tomake a difference.
Does this sound like you? `
Yes? Continue reading.
We are looking for Champions who are willing to help us make Oregon’s education system well-rounded by advocating for strong and effective health and physical education programs.
What is the role of a Champion?
- They are Oregon SHAPE’s liaison to the district and help us spread the word about available professional development opportunities, membership perks, advocacy updates, and more!
- They spend a few minutes each month forwarding flyers through their in-district mail system, emailing out communication updates, and providing feedback on how we can meet the needs of educators in their district.
- They share any new, innovative, and exciting events/activities/programs that are happening in their district so it can be highlighted on the Oregon SHAPE website.
- They share their thoughts and feedback on the ways Oregon SHAPE can serve its members better to help us build a better picture of health and physical education in the state.
What do you say? Are you willing to “Be A Champion” for your school district and help us connect with Oregon educators?